Cardboard Boxes for Medicines and Pharmaceutical Products
Cardboard boxes for Medicines and Pharmaceutical Products
Internal challenges: Corporate Governance, upsizing and critical mass, innovation, financial markets, education and culture.
External challenges: laws and regulations compliance, research and innovation, incentives and changes in fiscal policies, education and culture.
This complex organization can never stop because of the enormous costs that would cause.
Outer packaging must guarantee business continuity and ease logistics
Cartons are a key part of the supply chain of every pharmaceutical company and they must guarantee:
- Supply continuity
- Perfect machinability
- Complete traceability
- No mix-ups
- Accurate management of print runs and reprints
- Strict compliance with GMP and AQL
- 100% quality control
These folding cartons’ features are not obvious but they are taken for granted by the packaging departments of pharma companies.
IGB is the only paper converting company which has been awarded an ISO 22301 - Business Continuity Management certification.
This has allowed IGB customers to have always been served in compliance with SLAs (Service Level Agreements) and with a 100% OTD (On Time Delivery) even in the most difficult times like from 2020 on (pandemic and raw material supply disruptions).
Quality and machinability
Since cardboard is the most important raw material when manufacturing cartons, to offer excellent results, IGB carefully chooses the best suppliers and materials and is able to supply boxes manufactured with all types of single or double coated products on the market:
- GT1 GT2, GT3, GT4, GD2 (recycled cardboard)
- GC1, GC2, (boxboard, also called FBB, made of virgin fiber or wood pulp)
- SBS, GZ (fully bleached chemical pulp cardboard)
How the cardboard is stored in the IGB warehouses
In order to avoid using anti-set-off spray powders, IGB has developed exclusive powerful dryers. This means:
- Clean and tidy equipment: without powder, the customer’s packaging lines keep clean, delivering flawless performance
- No contamination: no powder contaminates pharmaceutical products